Tranquility, function, and color inspire me. My purpose as a designer is creating harmony for your individual style with my own signature.
Currently, I reside in North Raleigh with my husband and son. I'm originally from New York City and a Raleigh resident since 1991.
Burke Designs was established in 1995. I attended the Parsons School of Design before completing my B.S. in Interior Design at Meredith College with a minor in Art. Before starting my own company, I gained experience as a design consultant with two local builders assisting homeowners with selections for new construction.
- The News & Observer feature August, 2018: "Say goodbye to outdated prints. Here’s how to make wallpaper work for your home."
- The News & Observer feature January, 2017: "Surf’s Up in this boy's bedroom"
- The News & Observer "Dear Designer" section in 2003 & 2014
- Home Quarterly Magazine in 2006
- The News & Observer "Meet the Designer" section in 2015.
Meet Laura: A Video Interview by Suzanne from Page 158 Books in Wake Forest, NC